Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Porch gardens and recall elections

Walker won.

Koch brothers and their money won.

Privitization won.

Unemployment won.

A widening rich-poor gap won.

The long, not so slow, slide toward modern day feudalism won.

Fear won. Greed won. Money won.

Paying off the heads of big corporations on the backs of regular working people won.

So be it. All of these are battles in a much longer war for the soul of this country.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.



 --------------------

On a happier note, here is a photo from week 1 of my porch garden. That's a tomato on the right, cukes in the middle, my Recall Walker plant, and jalapeƱos on the far left. I went easy on tomatoes this year since I don't eat a ton of them, and one plant of Roma should provide plenty come August and September.  I do love cucumbers though, so I'm excited to see how many I yield out of one little pot standing in the corner of my porch.




No comments:

Post a Comment