Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow Day!

Today is the first snow day of the school year.  And technically, it would have come on March 1 if it weren't a freaky leap year.

After it stopped, we ended up only getting about 5" of snow. I think timing was everything with this one, as Pulaski was on the border of those who got snow and those who got rain.  Green Bay, only 12 miles away, got less than an inch of snow and had mostly rain. Shawano, 20 minutes northwest of Pulaski, got about 10" of snow. Pulaski was left in the treacherous, slippery middle.

When I woke up at 2, I got nervous because it wasn't snowing or raining at all outside. At 3, it looked like one of those movie stock-shots of the North Pole; huge snowflakes, insanely windy, and I'm pretty sure I saw two polar bears walking down the street.  It was about the same at 4, and by 5 a.m. the news was reporting that PCSD called school for the day.  I went back to bed!

After a customary breakfast of snow day cinnamon rolls, I decided to polish off as much of Sopranos Season 4 as humanly possible. I could get ahead on work today...but what fun is that?

As I type this at 10:41 a.m., the precipitation has ceased and it almost appears as if we were given a gift today. The roads are cleared, and we probably could have managed a 2-hour delay start today. But, the timing was key. It looked like the winter apocalypse outside at 4 a.m., and that's good enough for me.

Now, for some gabagool, Bada Bing, and Feech LaManna.

No comments:

Post a Comment