Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pomplapost: Pomplamoose is still awesome

Around last Christmas, Honda unveiled a line of commercials with a hipster-ish looking couple singing Christmas Songs with some interesting footage of instrument playing and harmonization. It piqued my interest so much that I took to Google to find out who this outfit was from the commercial.

And I thusly discovered Pomplamoose. A duet from San Francisco, they produce "Video Songs" in which the viewers are able to see every manner in which they're creating notes for their songs, including instruments of all types, voice tricks, clapping, and even banging a head against the piano. As the viewer, you literally see every note they're playing, and the videos are pieced together as such that you even get an interesting perspective toward how they recorded each note and pieced them together with a computer. Pretty genius.

In my quest to find fun, short videos to show my classes, I rediscovered Pomplamoose after a 6 month hiatus. I can definitely get lost in their video playlist for 30 minutes every time I bring one up.


Beat It (Yeah, that Beat It.)


Mr. Sandman


Telephone (Lady Gaga)

No comments:

Post a Comment