Sunday, September 11, 2011

The greatness of NFL Sundays

The start to the 2011-12 football season really crept up on me. I couldn't tell if I wasn't as amped for it as usual, or just consumed by the start of a new job, advising a newspaper, and teaching four new classes.

Even being at the NFL Kickoff on Thursday night at Lambeau Field didn't quite feel for real yet, for some odd reason. There was so much going on at Lambeau Field that day...Maroon 5, Kid Rock, and Lady Antebellum; NBC and NFL Network cameras everywhere; Neon Deion Sanders in the flesh; and even a cheetah sighting.

  

Today feels for real though. If you're an amateur like myself and only have, you know, regular basic cable, you're privied to two games plus cutaway highlights for every other game. And the scores are high thus far, making for fun games, highlights, and outcomes. I expect that Mirman will be texting me soon to rub it in my face that he can watch any game at any time. 

With a Sunday buffet on the burners, an evening episode of The Simpsons (alebit a rerun of last season's finale), and yet more football after that, I'm suddenly very happy that football is back for the next 22 Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment